Depending on the condition of source materials, ancestral investigation provides a concise picture of your forbears.
But memory also lives on through stories, descriptions and impressions. That's why we also offer to interview your eldest relatives, to flesh out certain questions that may intrigue you. We record this audio (or video, if you prefer) on a CD which we provide, thereby enabling future descendants to share in the experience it as well.
The Austro-Hungarian Familiy Research "Oral History Interview" takes 45 minutes.
The 149 Euro price for each visit includes the cost of documentation.
What we can do for you:
- research the origins and roots of your family
- construct a family tree and a numbered pedigree table
- discover your ancestors' occupations and life circumstances
- find out what towns they lived in, their addresses and what property they owned
- clarify and interpret hard-to-read documents and civil registry entries
- document your family history
- secure ancient documents and images for posterity
- search for disappeared relatives or family branches
- fill in biographical blank spots
- bring to light untold aspects of the war and Nazi era
- track down information about unknown fathers
„I sought Ahnenschatz`s help to find out if my grandfather was actually in the SS as I`d always been told. Their research revealed that towards the end of World War II, he was indeed conscripted into the SS as a translator. It was a load off my shoulders to find no evidence of his having committed war crimes.“ Dr. Brigitte H., Vienna
„Thanks to Ahnenschatz, I learned of an entire family branch that was delighted to get to know our family! Today I have two more cousins and recently we were invited to a wedding. I`d have never thought such a thing was even possible.“ Dieter B., Austria
„I`d always been told that my great-grandfather gambled away his farm. Thanks to Ahnenschatz`s research, I learned that during a period of intense economic difficulty a neighbor drove him to ruin, which put everything in an entirely different light. Thank you!“ Mag. Gernot B., Austria
„Thanks to Ahnenschatz I was able to visit the very farm that my ancestors purchased in 1736. It meant so much to me to actually set foot in the house that belonged to my forebears“ Bernhard A., Vienna